LPA was engaged to manage and lead the design development phase, develop and deliver a procurement strategy from concept to contract award, contractor selection from tender through to award and subsequently ensure works are executed in accordance with the contract requirements.
The property is located along Sussex Street in a prime location within the Sydney CBD. The approved development includes the demolition of 2 existing buildings and construction of a new 14 storey mixed use development consisting of 4 levels of basement parking, 3 levels of retail and commercial use areas and 36 residential units from levels 4 to 13.
Client: Private Developer
Location: Sussex Street Sydney Australia
Services: Development and Project Management
LPA was engage to manage and lead the design development phase, develop and deliver a procurement strategy from concept to contract award, contractor selection from tender through to award and subsequently ensure works are executed in accordance with the contract requirements.
- Manage and lead all aspects of the scope development and procurement phases of the project
- Develop prepare and manage procurement and project strategies
- Develop and prepare project plans, programmes, tender documents and budgets in accordance with prescribed developers requirements & systems.
- Engage and lead multiple consultants, designers and contractors
- Lead, facilitate and manage project meetings, workshops and stockholders
- Lead, facilitate and manage 3rd Party Authorities inclusive of EPA, RMS, TfNSW, Sydney Water, Heritage Council, Office of Water, Ausgrid and Sydney Council to resolve multiple land use issues condition with the Development Application.
- Contract Administration of Head Design, D&C contractors and all minor contracts through delivery phase.
Milestones and Notable Challenges
Milestones and Notable Challenges during construction:
- Deferred Commencement conditioned within the Development Application removed with full consent.
- The negotiation and removal of the developer requirements to purchase Heritage Floor Space.
- Redesign of the main power infrastructure removing the need for a in house substation.
- Redesign of the sewage mains upgrade from major to minor works.
- Approval of S96 to improve feasibility of proposed building works.
- Completion of design to Construction Certificate stages.
- Negotiation with TfNSW in resolving design around a future train corridor proposed directly infront of the development and subsequent approval to commence works.
- Development of design to take into consideration all existing major road infrastructure works inclusive of the Cross City Tunnel
- Award of head D&C contract inclusive of demolition, bulk excavation and construction of building.
- Award of all minor contracts inclusive of passenger lifts and car stacking solution